What's Cooking at the Dixons...

7:15 AM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
I found a recipe for Greek dressing that I LOVE. Kind of a mix between Italian and Greek, not as vinegary as Italian. It's a little on the fattening side but made with olive oil so it's good fat, and no sugar so it's good on a low-carb diet.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Absolutely-Fabulous-GreekHouse-Dressing/Detail.aspx

I have two huge vats of this, one at work and one at home. I heart it.

So on the menu today:

Oatmeal with bananas, splenda, and flax seeds. This is the first time I've tried flax seeds and they're good, you can buy them by the nuts at Publix and they're cheap. They don't add a ton a flavor, just a little crunch and a bunch of protein.

Tomatoes and feta with greek dressing

Chicken Tortilla soup and a salad

Feta wraps. Whole wheat tortillas with a piece of romaine or Bibb lettuce, some feta and Greek dressing. So good!

And I'm not sure about dinner, we're going out to applebee's. I think I'm going to stick with a salad again, even though I've had a ton of it today. I've slowly been inching up on the scale and I need to beat it off with a stick again.

Can you tell I love the Greek dressing and feta? Mmmmm.... feta....

0 comments: